Approachable yet state-of-the-art dentistry that delivers a lasting healthy, and stunning smile!
General dentistry refers to all the professional services needed to keep your teeth, gums, and mouth healthy. By its nature, this type of dental care is comprehensive; services evolve with you and your family members as needs and goals change over time.
That said, Dr. Douglas Hoppe and the rest of our kind and skilled team in Eaton Rapids provide advanced treatments and technologies that cannot be found at many general dentists’ offices near our corner of central Michigan and well beyond.
Protect and preserve
Proactive professional services are fundamental to general dentistry. At Douglas Hoppe DDS, we encourage routine visits to our office for dental check-ups starting early in childhood. We want to get all patients, regardless of age and health status, into a healthy routine of check-ups.
During these check-ups:
- One of our talented dental hygienists will gently yet thoroughly clean the teeth and the gumline, removing harmful bacteria, surface stains, and plaque. When plaque builds up, it hardens into tartar. Tartar can only be removed with specialized dental tools and techniques
- Dr. Hoppe will examine your teeth, gums, jaws, and other oral and facial tissues to look for signs of early gum disease, tooth decay, and pre-cancers or oral cancers
- For what cannot be detected by sight or by touch, Dr. Hoppe can pinpoint by using advanced dental imaging or X-rays
- Our team will discuss and demonstrate ways to effectively brush and floss your teeth, especially hard-to-reach areas. We may recommend special cleaning products and rinses and provide you with samples
- Professional preventative services may be recommended, from dental sealants and supplemental fluoride to oral splints and sports mouthguards. In some cases, we can apply those services during the check-up
- Dr. Hoppe will also check on the condition of existing oral appliances, as well as dental work, such as crowns and fillings
Restore, sustain, and beautify
Douglas Hoppe DDS also stays on top of your overall health and well-being, knowing that conditions like diabetes can adversely affect oral health (and vice versa). As new challenges present themselves, performing a “deep cleaning” for active gum disease or building up cracked, decayed, or infected teeth may be necessary. We can restore and preserve teeth with fillings, inlays, onlays, and crowns. An entire tooth can be rebuilt, too, when extractions are necessary.
We also appreciate how the smile’s appearance influences our patients’ overall well-being. For this reason, Dr. Hoppe provides a full range of cosmetic dentistry services, such as professional whitening and porcelain veneers.
Call (517) 667-7066 to schedule your appointment today at our Eaton Rapids, MI office. Be sure to ask about our affordable in-house savings plans when you call!